We are still finalizing our 2018 and 2019 breeding plans.
Topmast future Breedings
Fall 2018--Diamond x TBD
2019--Mackenzie x Ch Malagold's Distant Drummer (pedigree) 2019--Ritzy x Beau-D (pedigree) (litter will raised in California)
We will breed Diamond in the fall of 2018.
Diamond will be bred in the fall 2018 for her last litter.
We have not completed our plans for the stud dog, but getting close.
Her first litter (The Spice Litter) have gone to their new homes.
Spring 2019 breedings
Mackenzie is co-owned with Myra Globuschutz.
She is from our breeding of Karli to Choctaw's Yukon Copper Penny MH MNH4 WCX** OS HTHF.
Kenzie, as she is called, will be bred in the spring of 2019.
We are looking at breeding her to a Malagold boy, but haven't decided for sure which one, but looking at Drummer (test breeding)
I think this combination will produce nice looking pups with good working ability, with good health and longevity.
Check back here to see more about this breeding when it gets closer.
Ritzy will be bred late fall to
Ritzy is owned by Kim Portney in California.
She has developed into a pretty working girl who is taking her owner to new adventures, like field work. Ritzy has been training hard and has a new Senior Hunter title! She also will be showing in utility soon.
Litter will be whelped and raised in California by her owner.
Please keep in mind that our breeding program focuses on producing correctly structured performance and hunting, and a few breeding goldens. We seek to place most of our pups in working homes that compete in more than one arena--field, agility, obedience, conformation, tracking--or that work their dogs in hunting, or serious pet-assisted therapy. If you are interested in a performance or hunting puppy from one of these litters, or would like further information on a future litter, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com
Typically, we have a litter every one to two years.
In the beginning, we co-bred with Gayle Watkins of Gaylan's Goldens. We are breeding under our own name now, but we are still breeding with her guidance and teachings. Our litters are whelped and raised here in our home, in the middle of all our daily happenings. They will be raised according to the Avidog standards. When they are old enough, they will spend the last 3 weeks walking in our fields and woods, swimming in our pond if weather permits, meeting lots of people and getting to know their relatives. We spend our time getting to know them so we can match them well with their new owners.
Before contacting us about a puppy, please read the following portions of our website to be sure that we and our dogs are right for you:
All of our pups experience the following developmental protocol:
- BioSensor exercises from 3-17 days of age
- Introduction to a different novel scent from 3-17 days of age. To learn about this, watch an interesting webinar Introducing Scents in Neonate Puppies by Gayle Watkins PhD, about this program she developed.
- Click http://www.akcchf.org/news-events/multimedia/video/
- Regular socialization with people of all ages and sizes
- A physically and mentally stimulating environment appropriate to their age
- Problem solving exercises, again, appropriate to their age
- Socialization with dogs other than their dam
- Introduction to solid food after 5 weeks of age followed by natural weaning, often not until 8 or 9 weeks
- Daily walks in the fields and woods after 6 weeks (weather dependent)
- Regular opportunities to swim (weather dependent)
- Introduction to game birds
- We do not remove dew claws. Click on the link to see Dr Chris Zink's article on why we don't. Dew Claw Removal article
For more about how we raise our pups, check out
How we Raise Our Puppies
If you are interested in a performance or hunting puppy, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org